Qiagen gDNA Wipeout Buffer Composition

Use this category for questions related to various quantitative PCR methods, including real time PCR, reverse transcription (RT)/PCR, qPCR, etc. For general PCR methods, continue to use the DNA/General PCR forum

Moderators: r.rosati, Suzanne

Qiagen gDNA Wipeout Buffer Composition

Postby ck24 » Jul 31 2017 11:05 pm

Help! Does anyone here know any of the components of gDNA Wipeout Buffer? Qiagen's QuantiTect Reverse Transcription Kit requires that the reverse transcription be done in the presence of the gDNA Wipeout Buffer, but I can't figure out how they are capable of degrading gDNA without a DNase and just with buffers. There must be something in the gDNA Wipeout Buffer that isn't in the reverse transcription buffer, but is necessary for proper function of the reverse transcriptase.. Any ideas?
ck24
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Qiagen gDNA Wipeout Buffer Composition

Postby DrShabba » Aug 08 2017 8:02 am

Looking at their protocol, it must have DNA double-strand-specific endonuclease in the wipeout buffer (dsDNase). This specifically targets the double stranded DNA in the reaction whilst leaving the cDNA alone :)

QIAGEN are very good at hiding what the composition of their buffers are - it was hard enough when I worked for them...

I hope this helps
DrShabba
technician-in-training
technician-in-training

Re: Qiagen gDNA Wipeout Buffer Composition

Postby relaxin » Aug 08 2017 10:59 am

Haha, that is the secret. dsDNase is available from ThermoFisher, it comes with buffer.

I am retired, never work with ThermoFisher. :D

https://www.thermofisher.com/order/cata ... uct/EN0771
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Real-Time qPCR/qRT-PCR Methods