Good book on Real-Time qPCR ?

Use this category for questions related to various quantitative PCR methods, including real time PCR, reverse transcription (RT)/PCR, qPCR, etc. For general PCR methods, continue to use the DNA/General PCR forum

Moderators: r.rosati, Suzanne

Good book on Real-Time qPCR ?

Postby Becin » Dec 04 2017 10:20 am

Hello all,

I search for books on Real-Time qPCR, in order to learn general methods, approaches, workflows etc. I'm newbie with qPCR and I'll start a project on fungal pathogen detection in plant species. I want to have the basic useful understanding for a good beginning, not to learn the tricks of the trade : this forum is the good place for that ...

Have you any suggestions ?

Thank you very much.
Becin
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Good book on Real-Time qPCR ?

Postby 29yrsExperience » Dec 13 2017 2:47 pm

If you have access to Current Protocols in Molecular Biology, published by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. (It’s a massive multi-volume set of updatable protocols, usually bound in red), there is unit devoted to real-time qPCR. The set we have is somewhat outdated, but the qPCR unit is 15.8 in Vol. 3. In an updated version the numbering might be different. Current Protocols may be available in your University library (and online if your library has licensed it) or some labs have them as a standard reference for all molecular techniques. It’s a good place to start.
29yrsExperience
technophile
technophile

Return to Real-Time qPCR/qRT-PCR Methods