diffrence between course and field of study

Questions and answers about writing grants, the peer-review process, and other funding issues in biomedical research.

Moderators: Suzanne, Andrew Wiecek

diffrence between course and field of study

Postby laleh » Mar 23 2012 3:03 pm

could anyone tell me what is the difference between "course of study" and "field of study" ?
I am supposed to fill out this application form and I need to indicate my "Proposed course and field of study"

Thanks in advance

Re: diffrence between course and field of study

Postby relaxin » Mar 23 2012 4:08 pm

"Field of study" refers to your general area of study, such as biochemistry, reproductive biology, etc.

"Course of study" may refer to curriculum or program, a narrower specialization within the field of study. That is my educated guess.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Re: diffrence between course and field of study

Postby albertfabian012 » Apr 21 2012 5:11 am

Relaxin define this difference very well.As we know that in field study practical implications is defined,mostly you learn all things by doing practical on specific thing or subject,or in course you just learn which book tells you and you have to learn all things as your course outline defined.

Return to Grant-writing Tips & Funding Issues