Looking for a job

Discussions on career high points (and low points), problems, and helpful advice.

Moderators: Andrew Wiecek, Suzanne

Looking for a job

Postby Katzenjammer » Feb 01 2011 3:46 pm

Hi,

I am a PhD student from Poland and currently Im looking for a job abroad. Especially I am interested in UK or other english -speaking countries. I know reed.co.uk page, but there is only a few offers in molecular biology. I wonder, if there are some special pages with job offers in biotechnology/biology etc. (I mean something like jobvector.de in Germany). I would be very grateful if you could recommend some other portals.
Katzenjammer
technician-in-training
technician-in-training

Re: Looking for a job

Postby relaxin » Feb 01 2011 5:23 pm

The journal "Nature" should have advertisements of postdoc positions in UK and other European countries.
Not affiliated with any company. Mention of a specifc product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby Katzenjammer » Feb 02 2011 3:22 pm

Thank you for your suggestion, but I am not looking for a postdoc. I would rather work in some privat company.
Katzenjammer
technician-in-training
technician-in-training

Postby relaxin » Feb 02 2011 5:03 pm

Both Nature and Science should have advertisements from European companies from time to time. You can also go to the websites of the companies and submit your resume whether they have openings at the moment or not. When they do have an opening, they will screen for candidates from the resume stored in their HR department. Small companies do not bother to advertise.
Not affiliated with any company. Mention of a specifc product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Careers in Research