Dynabeads His Tag

Use this category for questions regarding problems manipulating proteins in molecular biology applications (expression, detection, etc.)

Moderators: mdfenko, leekaming

Dynabeads His Tag

Postby j1234t1234 » May 11 2017 5:00 pm

I performed a co-IP with a His tag protein and a flag tag protein using the dynabeads His-Tag. From doing co-Ip experiments using both flag and HA antibodies I have established these two proteins associate. When I performed this experiment using the dynabeads His-Tag ( I wanted to use this method because I want to use the alliance for a native gel) I found when through immunoblot analysis probing with the Flag antibody the negative control sample which is just transfected with the Flag construct, had identical levels of Flag as the samples that were co-transfected with both the HIS and Flag tag constructs, thus the beads are binding to nonspecific proteins. Can anyone give me some feedback to alleviate this problem.
j1234t1234
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Dynabeads His Tag

Postby mdfenko » May 12 2017 6:21 am

are you able to try to bind the untagged protein to the dynabeads? you may find that there are exposed his residues on the native protein.

you may have to adjust the ionic conditions to reduce non-specific binding.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do
mdfenko
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Dynabeads His Tag

Postby relaxin » May 14 2017 3:25 pm

Your Flag-tagged protein may contain histidine-rich clusters in its sequence, so it may bind to Ni-resin nonspecifically. Do you have its protein sequence to check this?
Wash the protein-bound Dynabeads with a buffer containing 25 mM imidazole may reduce the nonspecific binding.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Protein Methods