Poster printing - sorry not a method!

Use this category for general molecular biology questions that don't fit specifically into any of the categories above, including software questions

Moderators: r.rosati, mdfenko

Poster printing - sorry not a method!

Postby Ducastaing » Jun 26 2008 3:34 am

Hi everyone,
I am off to a conference in a month or so, and am fed up with having to take poster tubes with me on planes. Last year I saw someone with a poster made of cloth that you simply ironed when you got to the venue. Does anyone know of an online service that provides this?
Sorry for putting this in this section, I wasn't really sure where it should go!
Ducastaing
technophile
technophile

Postby Jon Moulton » Jun 26 2008 9:19 am

I use fabric printing for the roll-up displays that Gene Tools carries to conferences for our exhibits. We contract with the exhibit manufacturers for the printed displays, which is fairly expensive; I expect they subcontract the work to a graphics house.

I googled "fabric printing" and this was in the first website returned:
http://www.first2print.com/digital-textile-printing.php

Have you considered sending the digital files to a print shop close to the venue where you will show your poster? I've had good luck sending ahead .pdf files to Kinkos and then picking up the prints when I arrive. In theory that would work for a poster as well.

Good luck!
Jon D. Moulton, Ph.D.
Gene Tools, LLC
www.gene-tools.com
Jon Moulton
supertech
supertech

Re: Poster printing - sorry not a method!

Postby flick456 » Oct 16 2017 9:28 am

Hello..
I am looking for some Poster Printing services urgently., and I have no idea about its any shop or any online service, so Please anyone tell me about some shops or any sites from where I can take this service at an affordable price.?
flick456
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Poster printing - sorry not a method!

Postby Jon Moulton » Oct 20 2017 9:06 am

For poster printing, many people use FedEx Office. Most of their locations have the large format printers needed.
Jon D. Moulton, Ph.D.
Gene Tools, LLC
www.gene-tools.com
Jon Moulton
supertech
supertech

Return to General Methods