Ghost red cells membrane production

Use this category for general molecular biology questions that don't fit specifically into any of the categories above, including software questions

Moderators: r.rosati, mdfenko

Ghost red cells membrane production

Postby Brum » Jul 13 2011 10:17 am

Hi, could some one advise if there is a spin column based ghost cell membrane preparation method.

thanks
Brum
technophile
technophile

Re: Ghost red cells membrane production

Postby sing09 » Sep 21 2011 12:11 am

I am working with a group that produces ghost RBCs, but they have never heard of a kit to prepare them. Maybe what you want is to extract transmembrane proteins? In this case, Merck and Fermentas provide a kit for this, but product is never 100% pure.
I hope this helps,
Sing09

Not affiliated with any distributor or manufacturer of scientific goods/instrumentation. Mentioning a product is a result of personal preference and does not imply my endorsement of the product to the exclusion of other equally good ones.
sing09
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Postby Brum » Sep 21 2011 6:48 am

Thanks for your reply

I managed to prepare using Ficoll based centrifugation, followed by lysing of packed RBCs with lysis buffer
technician
Brum
technophile
technophile

Postby sing09 » Sep 22 2011 4:41 am

Great! Good luck to you!
Sing09

Not affiliated with any distributor or manufacturer of scientific goods/instrumentation. Mentioning a product is a result of personal preference and does not imply my endorsement of the product to the exclusion of other equally good ones.
sing09
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Return to General Methods