MAb production with peptide

Use this category for questions regarding various immunological methods

Moderator: mdfenko

MAb production with peptide

Postby gene26 » May 08 2016 7:58 am

Has anyone ever tried to produce MAb with a peptide (20 a.a sequence) with FCA alone, without any carrier protein. Does it work, If so could you direct me to a paper?
gene26
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Re: MAb production with peptide

Postby relaxin » May 08 2016 2:39 pm

I have no experience with mAb production. But for polyclonal Ab, it requires the peptide to be conjugated to a carrier protein for higher titer Ab. I guess it also applies to mAb. When you synthesize the peptide, you can easily order one that is conjugated to a carrier at affordable price.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby gene26 » May 09 2016 8:45 am

Initially it will be polyclonal Ab only, yes the other group tried KLH conjugate. I'm trying without carrier protein with adjuvant, I don't see nice titer values. Is this even a feasible approach. (I have spent 3 months already with no good titer values)

people had a problem with carrier that antibodies were raised against the carrier and very low against desired epitope. Is there any paper that worked out peptide without carrier. I see in every book they mention associating with carrier protein.
gene26
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Postby relaxin » May 09 2016 11:18 am

Do not try to re-invent the wheel. Many people have tried peptide alone, failed and found carrier conjugate was the answer.

You are making mAb, you can select the clone that targets the antigen and not the carrier. You have nothing to worry about.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Immunology and Immunochemistry Methods