Rabbit polyclonal antibody production and cross reactivity

Use this category for questions regarding various immunological methods

Moderator: mdfenko

Rabbit polyclonal antibody production and cross reactivity

Postby All_my_life » May 11 2016 10:47 am

Hello, I have to produce RABBIT POLYCLONAL ANTIBODY against mouse IgM. I also need that antigene (from the first part) to be good for mice B lymphocytes stimulation but there must not be cross reaction with rats, sheep, donkeys and goats immunoglobulins. How would I perform this task and check cross reactivity? I really hope You can help me
All_my_life
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Rabbit polyclonal antibody production and cross reactivi

Postby relaxin » May 12 2016 10:33 am

You can probably buy the antibody from a company or have the antibodies made for you by a company. It is expensive to keep the rabbits and time consuming for the paper work with your IRB for the use of laboratory animals.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Re: Rabbit polyclonal antibody production and cross reactivi

Postby sile88314 » Jun 09 2016 4:20 am

It really not very wise to produce antibody by yourself. like relaxin said, expensive and time consuming. Now antibody is much easier acquiring, a company such as Abcam, CST, Abnova and so on, will help you solve your problem , anyhow, they also have custom service to generate antibodies exactly meet your needs, the only defect may be a little expenive. :roll:
Last edited by mdfenko on Jun 10 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed mention of creative...
sile88314
technophile
technophile

Return to Immunology and Immunochemistry Methods