Joining overlapping sequences together

Non-professional visitors (i.e., lay people, high school and undergraduate students) or professionals from other fields should use this forum for general questions regarding molecular biology. No guarantee that they'll be answered but you can always try!

Moderators: r.rosati, mchlbrmn

Joining overlapping sequences together

Postby fmorton » Mar 23 2017 10:55 am

Hi, I have amplified 3 regions of the hepatitis c virus genome. I used MEGA to align them and formed a contig. I'm trying to right a straight forward and clear method on how I did this but I'm struggling. I'm dyslexic so I can't phrase what I want to say easily.

At the moment I have something on the lines of this : once aligned a contig can be generated by reassembling region 1,2 and 3 to ensure the sequences do not overlap.

I don't think this is very scientific so any other way of phrasing this would help me out a lot.
fmorton
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Joining overlapping sequences together

Postby relaxin » Mar 23 2017 11:53 am

Just say: A contiguous sequence is generated by aligning the three overlapping DNA sequences.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Student Questions