Read this first before you post here!

This forum will be a place for listing other useful molecular biology-related web portals and/or site announcements.

Moderator: Suzanne

Read this first before you post here!

Postby Suzanne » Jan 20 2009 11:11 am

Please read the Posting and advertisement policy before posting to this forum.

Thank you,
Admin
Suzanne
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Read this first before you post here!

Postby JMG » Dec 01 2010 10:16 pm

I am disappointed with "LadyRoot" for not observing this policy.
So I am merely citing it again for good measure:

This is a clarification of the "policy" of this site with regards to posts that include advertising of commercial products:

It is permissible to post messages containing information about, or use of, commercial products in molecular biology research. However, posting advertisements for a specific product or company is not permissible when the post is unrelated to the topic--these will be removed.

Please use common sense!

In other words, a posted response to a question should be related and in response to that specific question! If the poster is advocating the use of a particular product/reagent to solve a problem, fine, as long as there is a clear disclaimer attached (for example in a signature file).

What is not allowed are posts that are simply advertisements.

The usefulness of the forums is enhanced when these simple guidelines are followed. Not following the guidelines will result in the offending account being terminated.

(This is a serious forum - one which I believe sincere users from all over the world use in a constructive, problem-solving fashion. It's one of those places in this noisy world that many strangers can unite through the common bond of science and share their knowledge without a collective fear of being used as merely a source of customers for some convenient advertisement scheme)
JMG
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby DanielTillett » Aug 25 2015 5:57 pm

Suzanne wrote:Please read the Posting and advertisement policy before posting to this forum.

Thank you,
Admin

Suzanne the link to the posting and advertisement policy seems to be broken.

Can I ask if it is OK to post links to free versions of commercial software tools? My company offers a free version of our software product which many people find useful, but I don’t want to post such a link if it is against the posting policy?
DanielTillett
technician-in-training
technician-in-training

Postby mdfenko » Aug 26 2015 11:13 am

DanielTillett wrote:
Suzanne wrote:Please read the Posting and advertisement policy before posting to this forum.

Thank you,
Admin

Suzanne the link to the posting and advertisement policy seems to be broken.

Can I ask if it is OK to post links to free versions of commercial software tools? My company offers a free version of our software product which many people find useful, but I don’t want to post such a link if it is against the posting policy?

suzanne apparently no longer participates in this forum.

one of these posts may be what was linked:

posting and advertisement policy of these forums

and

general posting guidelines

i hope these answer your concerns.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do
mdfenko
ModSquad
ModSquad

Return to Other Web Portals and Sites